Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing 19 Exploring Podcasts


Podcasts have been part of my life for a while as I like to listen to them when I am doing tasks that don't take a huge amount of concentration. They fascinate me because they like other Web 2.0 tools they range from somewhat inarticulate discussions to polished productions. The authenticity of the more informal podcasts is often fun and the sophistication of podcasts from sites such as MPR is so valued. Both expose me to thoughts, ideas and beliefs that enrich and challenge my life. The multitasking aspect of podcasts is a definite plus to their use over viewing and reading which require for me more focus to stay engaged. My husband surprised me with an iPod last night so it's going to be great to listen to more podcasts.

In Thing 15 I talked about listening to "YALSA Podcast #20 - Teens on TSL In this podcast Kelly Czarnecki and Linda Braun talk with two teens about Teen Second Life." so it only made sense to share it. The other podcast which I added to my Bloglines is from EPN The Education Podcast Network, ADHD is A Gift How You Can Appreciate The Gifts of ADHD.

No comments: